(ONLINE) Level 3 Winter Pitches (Advanced Turf Culture)The online Level 3 course for Winter Pitches will allow you to understand about the advanced technical aspects of turf maintenance and management, and how they may form an integral part of a detailed work programme. This course will allow you to get the most from your surface in terms of quality standards and ultimately, carrying capacity.
The new online Level 3 course covers the factors which will influence a detailed annual maintenance programme.
What is involved in this online course?
It is all online.
This online option will suit those experienced volunteers and professionals that do not have time to travel and attend a course. You will learn about applying information gathered from playing surfaces and the importance of implementing of a detailed annual maintenance programme.
How much does it cost?
Member Price £110.00 (Incl. VAT)
Non Member Price £150.00 (Incl. VAT)
What does the course content cover?
By the end of this course you should be able to understand:
- What is meant by the term ‘carrying capacity’
- The influence of drainage, soil type and compaction on carrying capacity
- Soil nutrient testing and what this might mean for your pitch
- Grass cultivars and selection and evaluation
- Controlling undesirable organisms and Integrated Pest Management
- Health and safety systems
- Planning a work programme
- Managing a surface to optimise carrying capacity.
The course takes around 6 hours to complete although you do have a window of 28 days to complete it.
Just like the level 1 and 2 online courses there are self assessment questions so that you can check your learning as you go, plus there is a formal end of course multiple choice assessment test, which is also online.
What do you get?
You will receive a certificate of completion which can compliment your own CPD activity.
This course is also worth 3 CPD points / 3 CPD hours.