Level 2 Reinforced-Hybrid Pitch Maintenance
This ONLINE Level 2 training course provides a broad overview of the types of materials used in reinforced/hybrid pitches and their maintenance. The main requirement to maintain a successful playing surface is having a good knowledge and understanding of turf culture principles and how to apply them in specific situations.
What is involved in this online course?
The course is designed to be of equal benefit to the person currently working on these types of pitches, someone aspiring to work on them, or for someone who wishes to gain a better understanding of them.
How much does it cost?
Member Price £170.00 (Incl. VAT)
Non Member Price £355.00 (Incl. VAT)
What does the course content cover?
By the end of this course you should be able to understand:
• The purpose of reinforced-hybrid materials.
• How reinforced-hybrid surfaces can be categorised and types available.
• Surface performance: Looking at a quality-safety-usage-inputs matrix.
• The need for safe working practices.
• How to identify turf grasses in general.
• General control methods for undesirable organisms.
• Rootzones, Air-Filled Porosity and Layering.
• Pitch maintenance considerations.
How long does it take?
We suggest the course takes around 6-7 hours to complete, however, you can complete the course at your own pace and save your progress as you go.
Just like our other online courses there are self assessment questions so that you can check your learning as you go, plus there is a formal end of course multiple choice assessment test, which is also online.
What do you get?
You will receive a certificate of completion which can complement your own CPD activity.
This course is also worth 3 CPD points / 3 CPD hours.