(ONLINE) Level 2 Winter Pitches (Applied Turf Culture)
GMA have developed the ideal progression course from the Online Level 1 courses. This specific course will allow you to understand how technical aspects of turf maintenance can influence overall pitch quality, helping to create a suitable annual maintenance schedule for your pitch.
The new online Level 2 course covers specifically the planning of maintenance of Winter pitch surfaces, apply the basic day to day practical tasks to an annual maintenance programme which allows you to measure how effective your maintenance is
What is involved in this online course?
It is all online.
This online option will suit those volunteers and professionals that do not have time to travel and attend a course. You will learn about applying the practical tasks that you carry out in a planned way though the development of an annual maintenance programme
How much does it cost?
Member Rate: £75.00 (incl. VAT)
Non-Member Rate: £105.00 (Incl. VAT)
What does the course content cover?
By the end of this course you should be able to understand:
- The performance requirements of a playing surface;
- How to monitor the quality of a surface;
- How different maintenance activities might influence pitch playability;
- The responsibilities of operatives and organisations;
- The purpose of risk assessments;
- Different soil types;
- Basic drainage design;
- How to identify turf grasses in general;
- General control methods for undesirable organisms;
- The use of annual work schedules; and
- How to create an annual work schedule
How long does it take?
The course takes around 6 hours to complete although you do have a window of 28 days to complete it.
Just like the level 1 online courses there are self assessment questions so that you can check your learning as you go, plus there is a formal end of course multiple choice assessment test, which is also online
What do you get?
You will receive a certificate of completion which can compliment your own CPD activity.
This course is also worth 3 CPD points / 3 CPD hours.